Telco Operations Support
EPRASYS Telco Operations Support provides effective tools for managing assets and optimizing resources of telecommunications networks based on geo-spatial information. By monitoring assets and network elements, combining this information with geographic data, and applying analytical tools, Eprasys Telco Operations Support system provides network operators with a full outlook of the telecommunications network, potential bottlenecks, and maintenance patterns. Due to its unique scalable, modular architecture, Eprasys Telco Support scales to support businesses of all sizes – from enterprises to national carriers.
EPRASYS Telco Operations Support is based on the TMForum's Information Framework (SID) standards, which provide a blueprint for enabling successful business transformation. The standards provide definitions for information flow through the enterprise, or among service providers and their business partners.
Physical Network Module covers two major areas - Outdoor and Indoor inventory.
Outdoor inventory helps you manage outdoor objects and their hierarchical relationships within a distributed infrastructure of telecommunication networks. Outdoor inventory module links all outdoor elements to their real geographical locations. The system allows for outdoor objects to be systematically documented – to the level of cables, wires, and their connections. With this product, companies with geographically distributed infrastructure get a complete picture of their assets with complex inner and outer relationships.
Outdoor inventory objects:
- Communication lines and cables duct-work
- Optical lines detailed to wire
- Copper lines detailed to pairs
- Cable duct-work
- Distribution network objects
- Terminal boxes
- Cable, pair, fiber routes
- High-altitude equipment
- Masts and towers
- Antenna and antenna feeds
- Outer active elements
- Radio intervals
Indoor inventory helps you keep track of all indoor objects and relationships among them - ranging from a distribution frame to a port. It also supports physical hierarchy among various pieces of the indoor equipment, for example which room contains a rack, which rack contains a chassis, which chassis and which slot contain a card, etc..
Indoor inventory objects:
- Active elements
- Backbone network equipment
- IP network equipment - routers, switches, hubs
- Wireless communication network equipment
- Radio network equipment (RRL, WiMAX)
- Broadband network equipment
- Telephony equipment
- Special equipment - modems, modem pools, converters, etc.
- Passive elements
- Distribution frames (ODF, DDF) specified to a port
- Indoor commutations locations
- Additional equipment
- Climate control
- Fire and security systems
Logical Network module helps you automate inventory and support telecommunication networks on the logical level; this module includes objects defined by software and program settings.
EPRASYS logical network structure is designed on the base of TMForum's Information Framework (SID), see diagram.
The logical model helps you manage hierarchical relationships among the network elements and resources, and includes the following elements:
- Site – top element of the logical network hierarchy
- Resource– logical unit that that provides a network service
- Node – logical concept that unites resources of different types when performing a single function in network management
- Resource group – container for single-type resources
- Link – logical linkage between interfaces or networking gear
Logical Network structure
This module supports management of logical elements, and includes:
- Management of the logical structure of a network – above the physical layer
- Integration with management and sensor monitoring systems
- Calculation and visualization of available nework resources, their capacities and potential bottlenecks
- Calculation of the most optimal route (e.g. last mile or directions for the service crew) and visualization on a map
Information on logical elements and their interrelationship can be entered manually or gathered automatically using Network Monitoring and Control module.
Network Monitoring and Analytics module helps you monitor the status and performance of the elements of your telecommunications network. In addition, it will generate numerous analytical reports, where network architecture and its elements will be linked to their actual geographic location.
Moreover, the module allows you to link your GIS system with external network management systems, thus creating a single environment for integrated monitoring, reporting, and future planning based on the network topology and physical location of network elements.
The module functionality includes:
- Integration with network management systems
- Automatic loading of physical network infrastructure
- Automatic inventory of logical network infrastructure (physical and virtual capacities)
- Network status analysis
- Analysis of network topology by segments
- Status analysis of the outdoor and indoor physical network elements
- Monitoring of active and passive network elements
- Automated creation of trouble tickets
- NOC dashboard providing high level status of the network and summary of trouble lists
- Analysis of network throughput and capacity based on general traffic control algorithms
- Creation of analytical reports based on the geographic information
- Prediction of network bottlenecks
- Load distribution reporting
- Network planning
- Capacity planning based on the available network resources and bottlenecks
- Resource distribution maps based on the territorial segments
- Future Network expansion planning